National Cadet Corps (NCC) - AIRWING
NCC Air Wing 5TN Air Sqn (Tech) NCC, Salem has been established in the year 1992 in our college.
The NCC Air Wing unit was first led by Prof.N.Thangaraj, Assistant Professor, Department of Botany. He rendered his service from 1993 to 2002. Then Our College Senior Professor Flt Lt. Dr.M.Sivakumar, Assistant Professor of Commerce had been serving as an Associate NCC Officer since 31.08.2002.
During this period many Camps and Programmes were conducted meticulously.
List of Camps and Programmes participated by the NCC Officer and the cadets.
At present Dr.M.Sivakumar has been the Care Taker of NCC Air Wing. He has been giving training to 50 cadets effectively.
NCC Annual Report Army Wing 2017 - 2018
- As usual the enrolment of NCC cadets in the Army wing in both SD and SW was carried out in this Academic year. The strength of our NCC Senior Division (Boys) is 52 and Senior Wing (Girls) is 56. The training was conducted as per the direction of the Commanding Officer 15(TN) Battalion NCC, Erode and under the guidance of our Principal Dr.N.Thangaraj who himself was the previous NCC officer of our College has interest to promote NCC in the College.
- The Combined Annual Training Camp was held at Kongu Polytechnic College, Perundurai, Erode from 19.05.2017 to 28.05.2017. In this camp 30-SD and 23-SW cadets participated.
- Rain Water Harvesting Rally
- Six-SD cadets participated in the Combined Annual Training Camp cum TSC selection camp held at KSR College of Arts and Science, Tiruchengode from 19.05.2017 to 28.05.2017.
- Five NCC-SW cadets participated in the All India Girls Trekking Camp held at Ooty-Nilgiris 20.05.2017 to 29.05.2017.
- Our College NCC cadet .P.Kathirasan(III-B.COM) participated and got silver medal in the South Zone Shooting Capsule held at Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai, Erode on 02.06.2017 to 11.06.2017.
- 48-SD and 40-SW NCC cadets participated in the International Yoga Day held at our College on 21.06.2017.
- Basic Leadership Camp was held at Periyar Maniammai University, Vallam, Thanjavur. from 13.07.2017 to 22.07.2017. 3-SD cadets T.Ragul(II-B.Sc,maths), S.Mayilsamy(II-B.A,Tamil), R.Jayakumar(II-B.A,Economics) attended this camp.
- Six SW cadets participated in the Combined Annual Training Camp held at Vellalar College of Engineering and Technology, Erode on 12.08.2017 to 21.08.2017.
- The All India Firing Camp was held at Kolkata in the month of August 2017. P.Kathirasan (III-B.COM) attended this camp.
- Kerala Trekking camp was held at Kulumavu from.29.09.2017 to 06.10.2017. In this camp about 7 NCC SD cadets and one NCC officer attended.
- RDC PRE IGC Camp was held at KPR Institute of Technology, Coimbatore. Cadets T.Ragul (II-B.Sc,Maths), S.Mayilsamy (II-B.A,Tamil) participated in this camp.
- Cadets T.Ragul (II-B.Sc,Maths), S.Mayilsamy (II-B.A,Tamil) participated in the IGC (RDC) -2017 at Coimbatore from 19.10.2017 to 28.10.2017.
- Army Attachment camp was held at Secunderabad from .04.10.2017 to 18.10.2017. In the above camp Six SD cadets, R.Vijayakumar, S.Dhanasekar, S.Venkatesh, P.Gowtham, K.Saravanakumar, M.Babu participated.
- One SD cadet S.Mayilsamy(II-B.A,Tamil), and Two SW cadets S.Kasthuri(III-B.Sc,Physics), S.Dhivya (III-B.Sc,Maths) participated in the National Integaration Camp –II held at James College of Engineering and Technology from.15.11.2017 to 26.11.2017.
- NCC SD and SW cadets participated in Blood Donation held in our College.
- Moreover we conducted various social service activities such as HIV awareness, Voters day awareness, Clean India, Road safety awareness and Dental camp.
- During the academic year 2017-2018, 25 SD Cadets and 12 SW Cadets appeared in the B Certificate Examination and 11 SD Cadets and 11 SW Cadets appeared in the C Certificate Examination.
NCC Annual Report Air Wing 2017 - 2018
- NCC came into existence on the 16th July 1948, under the Ministry of Defense with the aims to develop character commandership, ideals of service and capacity for leadership in the youth of the country to stimulate interest in the defense of our country by providing service training to the youth and to build up reserve to enable the Armed Forces to expand rapidly during National Emergency.
- The NCC Air wing was started in the year 1950. In our “B” Flight 5(TN) AIR SQN (TECH) NCC, Kandaswami Kandar’s College, Velur (Namakkal District), totally 50 cadets have been enrolled in the academic year.
- The Combined Annual Training Camp was held at Mahendra Engineering College, Mallasamudram, Tiruchengode (TK) from 14.07.2017 to 23.07.2017. Thirty Cadets of our college participated in the camp.
- CUO S.Gowsik, III B.Com. had participated in the Air Attachment Camp held at Tambaram Air Force Station from 22.10.2017 to 04.11.2017.
- Our NCC Air wing Cadets visited the Sulur Air Force Station on 23.02.2017. The main purpose of the visit is to motivate the NCC Cadets to join the defense services.
- Coimbatore Group Level felicitation function was held at PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore on 24.02.2017 to honour the cadets who had participated RDC/IGC/VSC/TSC Camps held at various places all over India. Our NCC Air wing Cadet CUO S.Gowsik, III B.Com., participated in the felicitation function. The Commanding Officers and all ranks of Coimbatore Group participated in the function.
- Our Cadets attended the Annual Range Firing held on 04.01.2018 at KSR College of Technology, Tiruchengode and practiced with Smith and Wesson Revolver 7.62 mm Rifles and skeet shooting with double barrel gun.
- The “B” Certificate Examination was held on 17th February 2018 at Vinayaka Mission Engineering College, Salem in which Seventeen Cadets appeared. The “C” Certificate Examination was held on 24th February 2018 at Vinayaka Mission Engineering College, Salem in which Fourteen Cadets appeared.
- Apart from these NCC activities, our college NCC Cadets regulated the crowd during the Thaipoosam Festival on 31.01.2018 and 01.02.2018 at Kabilarmalai with Police Department.
- I extend my heartfelt thanks to our Director General NCC, Dy. Director General Commodore, Officiating Group Commander and Wg Cdr. K.Jayandan, Commanding Officer, 5(TN) Air Sqn (Tech.) NCC, Salem for their guidance and encouragement throughout the year.